Playing cards illustrating potential sources of uncontrolled ignition of flammable atmospheres (gases, vapours, dusts or mists) from EN 1127-1 “Explosive atmospheres — Explosion prevention and protection“:
- Hot surfaces
- Flames and hot gases (including hot particles)
- Mechanically generated sparks
- Electrical apparatus
- Stray electric currents, cathodic corrosion protection
- Static electricity
- Radio Frequency (RF) Electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic waves
- Ionizing radiation
- Adiabatic compression and shock waves
- Exothermic reactions, including self-ignition of dusts
Bowties can be used to identify, evaluate & manage potential ignition sources.
This is summarised in our Visualizing Explosive atmosphere Scenarios & Tracking barrier Assurance (VESTA™) methodology video below:
For more information on Ignition cards, options & pricing, please contact us.