The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) have developed a set which is documented in their report 638 (click the image below to access this report).
For guidance on the individual elements, please click on the appropriate icon below:
The following elements are considered as Potential additional PSFs:
Other potential PSFs include (but are not limited to):
- We attend to open drains and critical transfers.
- We use at least two independent barriers for pressure containment and material process flow.
- We control utility systems connected to a process.
- We check the absence of an explosive atmosphere in the furnace before igniting the burners.
- We stay out of the Line of Fire.
- We avoid splash loading.
- We remove non-essential workers from hazards.
For more information on our Process Safety Fundamentals cards please contact us.