This is an extract of the supporting information & guidance cards from the IOGP Process Safety Fundamentals documented in their Report 638.
- We improve our understanding of process safety hazards at our location and our roles in controlling them.
- We are vigilant about the potential impacts of uncontrolled process safety hazards.
- We discuss process safety hazards before starting a task.
- We bring forward process safety hazards to be included in activity risk assessments.
Tips for Managers:
- Take time to discuss major accident hazards with frontline workers.
- Check that risk assessments address both personal and process safety hazards.
- Encourage front-line workers not to become desensitized to process safety hazards.
This page only summarises the guidance – refer to the IOGP report and/or IOGP website for further information.
For more information on our Process Safety Fundamentals (or other) playing cards please contact us.