- We use isolation plans for the specific task, based on up-to-date information.
- We raise isolation concerns before the task starts and challenge when isolation plans cannot be executed.
- We check for residual pressure or process material before breaking containment.
- We monitor the integrity of isolations regularly and stop to reassess when change could affect an isolation integrity.
- We confirm leak-tightness before, during, and after reinstating equipment.
Tips for Managers:
- Monitor isolation practice at your location to verify that your local practice is safe and effective.
- Implement improvement where issues are identified.
- Respond and follow up if isolation concerns are raised.
- Regularly check that those performing isolations are effectively trained and supported.
This page only summarises the guidance – refer to the IOGP report and/or IOGP website for further information.
For more information on our Process Safety Fundamentals (or other) playing cards please contact us.