Start meetings by dealing everyone a card, then one-by-one (or randomly) go round the table …
“Discuss your role/responsibility related to this card”
During hazard studies e.g. HAZOP, deal out the cards and as each challenge e.g. Deviation is discussed, attendees (“players”) put that card into a pile on the table (physical or digital).
At the end of the study, the cards that are left are either:
- Not applicable – suggest these are recorded as such,
- Not evaluated – further discussion required, or
- Overlooked – participants need to pay attention !
Relate cards to Company or Industry incidents to provide context why the topic is relevant to avoid the same/similar event happening here.
Our Incidents cards summarise significant major accidents and can support discussions about:
- What happened that’s relevant to our operations?
- What have we (assumed to be) in place to protect against this thpe of event?
- Why do we believe it won’t happen to us?
Campaigns e.g. 1 card per week for 52 weeks could be based around each event type which could appear on site or company physical (e.g. posters at prominent locations e.g. control/meeting rooms or site entrances) & digital (e.g. intranet, newsletters, emails etc) media.
Using each type as a seed or catalyst for discussion, site/company specific concerns and experience where available can be used to contextualise the process and protection.
For more information please contact us.