This is part of the Vehicle-Related Practices from the IOGP Land Transportation Safety Recommended Practice documented in their Report 365. This page only summarises the guidance – refer to the IOGP report and/or IOGP website for further information.
Equip company-owned, contracted, or leased vehicles with an IVMS.
- Vehicles identified by the risk assessment are fitted with an In-Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS) that records journey data for analysis.
- IVMS data is used to provide regular feedback to drivers and to identify driver performance improvement opportunities.
- Only operate with their personally assigned log-in code/vehicle access device, as appropriate.
Supervisors, Managers, Leaders:
- Allocate vehicles that have an operational IVMS fitted.
- Ensure that data from the IVMS is properly analysed and the results are communicated to drivers and management on a regular basis.
For more information on our Land Transport Safety or any other playing cards please contact us.